SLJ – R.E.S.P.E.C.T – KICK START

How do you show Respect?

Well this is why I am presenting this, this information is all about showing with three simple yet hard ways to show respect to others in the Samoan culture. Respecting others is a way to show that you are being honourable, generous and kind to the people you love and trust which is why I chose these three ways of showing Respect the Samoan way. I hope you enjoy this information and have a blessed day.

4 thoughts on “SLJ – R.E.S.P.E.C.T – KICK START

1. Talofa Lava Willietony,

You already know who I am but I’ll introduce myself anyway, I’m Maddy! Not only do I love how you put really good effort into this project, but I also love the traditions you chose to represent Samoa culture. In fact, I didn’t even know about these before reading your project.

You’re doing an awesome job! Have a great school holiday and have a jolly good Christmas too!

1. Hey Maddy

Thanks for the comment. I’m glad I was able to help you with more information you were able to capture from this. Anyway stay safe and God bless.

Your friend

Willietony

2. Malo e lelei Willietony,

This activity is so awesome as it gives everyone an opportunity to reflect on how we show respect and how respect looks different to different people and different cultures. It is cool to see you writing about how you show respect in the Samoan culture, are you and/or your family from Samoa?

It is interesting to see the similarities and differences between different cultures, usually the basics of respect are all similar with a few differences such as showing skin. Do you know why showing less skin is a sign of respect?

If you had to compare respect between Samoan and Maori culture what do you think some of the big differences will be?

It is great to see you participating in the summer learning journey again this year and I look forward to seeing more of your awesome posts, keep up the great work!

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ

1. Kia ora Zana

Thank you for the comment I really appreciate it. I agree with you also learning about other cultures to observe how they show respect in their own national way and me and my family are from Samoa.

I tried asking my parents Why do people in Samoa show less skin as it shows a sign of respect but no clue so mostly I don’t know why people show less skin I’m sorry if you wanted the information.

Well if I compare Samoan and Maori culture together I am not sure about it but I know there might be a difference.

Anyway it was so nice to hear from you again and thanks again for the positive and helpful comments.

Regards
      Willie